labor markets

>From time to time we discuss broader issues that surround TA. I was
reading about one of the companies that I have an investment in. I found
this to be very interesting and innovative with respect to how a company
handles the cost of labor in a tight labor market. Just another example
of how technology can make us productive.

``We believe a distinctive benefit our proprietary software provides is
that it enables us to employ analytically bright people who don't have
any programming training. Recent hires without prior programming
experience are functioning as competent analysts in less than a month.
This gives us the ability to increase production capacity rapidly and at
a lower cost than originally anticipated, since we will not have to
compete for scarce, experienced COBOL programmers.''

Harley