Re: Yhoo 3 of 3

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>Harley,<BR><BR>Suggest you take a look at the IRS &quot;wash sales&quot;
rule before the end of the<BR>year. You may have a rude tax &quot;surprise&quot;
waiting for you by trading in and<BR>out of the same stock that you've incurred
a loss in.<BR><BR>As an aside, shorting individual stocks during a bull market
is a high<BR>risk/low reward game for the small investor. Especially a NASDAQ
stock<BR>because you never know what games the market makers are playing. Like
you've<BR>noticed, when a stock starts to fall it's almost impossible to jump on
the<BR>downtrend because of the uptick rule. If the stock is optionable,
it's<BR>smarter to buy the nearmonth PUT, though the volatility part of the
premium<BR>usually explodes in a fast downdraft.<BR><BR>FYI, when the market in
general goes thru these period corrections you are<BR>much better off selling
S&amp;P Spiders (SPY) to play the downside. Check them<BR>out on the AMEX. In
fact, outside of a few S&amp;P 100 stocks, I trade Spiders<BR>almost
exclusively.<BR><BR>Just my opinion,<BR>Rick
Mortellra<BR>Tokyo<BR><BR>-----Original Message-----<BR>From: Harley Meyer
&lt;meyer@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR>To: Dick
&lt;dick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR>Cc: <A
href="mailto:metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>
&lt;<A
href="mailto:metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR>Date:
Tuesday, December 16, 1997 5:15 AM<BR>Subject: Re: Yhoo 3 of
3<BR><BR><BR>&gt;Hello Dick &amp; Jerry,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;The original idea for me
came when I was short and then wanted to go<BR>&gt;long but didn't because you
have to sit for ever waiting for the uptick<BR>&gt;to short a NASDAQ
stock.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;So I decided to open another account. Then I can be short
in one account<BR>&gt;and daytrade long in the other account if the opportunity
came up. I<BR>&gt;trade over the internet so I don't have the luxury of being
able to call<BR>&gt;the broker to do as your friend. But in essence I get the
same results.<BR>&gt;Except he gets to short on the down tick is the only
diffference.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;There is one advantage that I see. If something goes
against you, you<BR>&gt;can go flat and lock in that lose in hopes to work your
way out of it.<BR>&gt;That is what I am doing with YHOO. You can lock in proftis
as well with<BR>&gt;out closing out the position. Which what I could of done
with YHOO a few<BR>&gt;days ago.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Now this is all new to me Jerry
so I might look back at this and say,<BR>&gt;&quot;Gee was I spinning my
wheels.&quot; But for now it keeps me on my toes and<BR>&gt;keeps me working at
this. I get bored very easy. (Must be that 120 IQ.)<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Well better
go, YHOO is a movin'<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Harley<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; P.S. Harley, is
this what you do
?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Mon Dec 15 18:30:53 1997