Re: The Most Valuable Thing about Real Time Quotes...a Question...and the Market...

  • To: Christian Baude <chipa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: The Most Valuable Thing about Real Time Quotes...a Question...and the Market...
  • From: Chip Anderson <chipamy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 11:02:02 -0800 (PST)

You are absolutely right Christian - as with most things, the ZigZag
indicator deserves a footnote because it's last leg is dynamic - I
should have mentioned that in my original mail.  The technique will
work with most, if not all, of the other indicators.

If you really want to see the ZigZag change over time, you can - but
it is kinda painful.  Here's how:

1. Load up a chart
2. Right click on the X-Axis and select "X-Axis Properties"
3. Enter a range of dates (in the past) for both the "Display Dates"
and "Load Data" dates.  Make sure the "Last Date" is at least a couple
of months ago.
4. Plot the ZigZag
5. Right click on the X-Axis and select "X-Axis Properties"
6. Move all of the dates up by one day.  (Painful I know ;-)
7. Look the chart again.
8. Repeat until you are sick of the ZigZag!

Hope this helps,
Chip