Re: Dow Jones et al

Great mail Thomas.  I completely agree that the S&P500 and DJIA are
approaching key resistance levels at their old highs.  Here are the
reasons I believe these upcoming tests will fail (he says bravely
sprinting towards the end of the limb ;-):

* The divergence with the NASDAQ - techs continue to be very weak and
are not supporting this blue chip rally.

* The divergence with the Russell 2000 - R2000 is going sideways.

* The divergence with the Utilities - the Utilities have been fading
for the past 2 days and are down again this morning.

The wildcard that might cause these upcoming tests to succeed:

"Irrational Exuberance" breaks out when the long bond breaks below 6%

FWIW: I'll be updating http://coolhistory.com/ChipsCharts at the end
of the day today with charts that show what I'm seeing.

Finally, this is a short term opinion.  I'm long term very bullish on
things, but feel that the markets aren't _yet_ positioned for a strong
long-term breakout to the upside.

Chip

---Simianer <Simianer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it seems to me, that again we are in a decision phase. While the
S&P500 is