Re: metastock-digest Digest V97 #104

At 09:00 PM 11/24/97 -0500, Greatelto@xxxxxxx wrote:
>Frank....
>
>I have never made a blanket statement to this list that one should stop
>trading and never will.  I just feel strongly that one should build up
>investment capital first and then do the trading.  Like I said before,
>trading is for fun....investing is for keeps.
>
>For some people, trading is the way to go.  More power to them.  I am just
>passing along my opinion which was formed over 35 years in the markets.
>
>For purposes of clarification, I do not think the DJIA is a good measure of
>the market.  It is only 30 stocks and too narrow a representation.  I know
>nothing about MIRAT but their record sounds impressive, even if only against
>the DJIA.  But how about this, the ValueLine Group 1 stocks during this same
>time period were up in excess of 10,000%.  They are not traders but do use
>momentum in conjunction with earnings.
>
>Do keep in mind one thing please.....when I say long term investing, I do not
>mean buying a stock on day one and holding it forever, which is what it
>appears you are assuming.  But if it is in someone's makeup to trade, trade!
> Good luck....
>
>Jerry

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Jerry -

	My point exactly, that investors/traders should do what they want to do.

	Regarding MIRAT, it is a Market Timing tool used to get a feeling for how
the Market (DJIA, S&P 500, etc.) will perform in the intermediate future.
Its greatest use is for those who believe that if the Market in general is
going up, that that is a good time to invest in stocks or mutual funds and
that getting out of those investments is a good idea when the Market in
general is going down.  It only calls Buys and Sells for the Market in
general.  For individual issues or mutual funds, users turn to MetaStock
and other Technical Analysis and/or Fundamental Analysis programs or systems.

	Will you please tell us more about the ValueLine Group 1 stocks that you
mentioned?  That 10,000% sounds staggering and certainly catches my
interest!  :-)

-- Frank :-)

High Return on Investment using Technical Analysis
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/
Minnesota Long Distance Canoe Racing
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/mnlong/