Re: Get Invested....Stay Invested

Frank....

I have never made a blanket statement to this list that one should stop
trading and never will.  I just feel strongly that one should build up
investment capital first and then do the trading.  Like I said before,
trading is for fun....investing is for keeps.

For some people, trading is the way to go.  More power to them.  I am just
passing along my opinion which was formed over 35 years in the markets.

For purposes of clarification, I do not think the DJIA is a good measure of
the market.  It is only 30 stocks and too narrow a representation.  I know
nothing about MIRAT but their record sounds impressive, even if only against
the DJIA.  But how about this, the ValueLine Group 1 stocks during this same
time period were up in excess of 10,000%.  They are not traders but do use
momentum in conjunction with earnings.

Do keep in mind one thing please.....when I say long term investing, I do not
mean buying a stock on day one and holding it forever, which is what it
appears you are assuming.  But if it is in someone's makeup to trade, trade!
 Good luck....

Jerry