Standard Error Channel

At 04:20 PM 11/20/97 -0500, Greatelto@xxxxxxx wrote:

snip, snip, snip . . .

>Using figures recently issued by a popular and well know money manager,
>history shows there is no wrong time to make an investment in the stock
>market.  If a person started in 1987 and had made a $10,000 investment on the
>market high in each of the past ten years, he would have $206,703.  If he
>made that same $10,000 investment each year on the market lows, he would have
>$263,480.  Not that much difference overall.
>
>Being out of the market is the biggest risk.....which is where people
>generally are when trying to predict the market's next move.  I think it is
>very ironic.
>
>Jerry

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Jerry -

	Yes, investing, rather that trading, is what most should stick to, but
there are ways to time and beat the Market.  An example is MIRAT.  From
April 11, 1978 through today, November 21, 1997, MIRAT returned 3,914.28%
versus a Buy and Hold of the DOW 30 Industrials yielded only 923.20%.  In
other words, MIRAT gave Timing Traders 323.96% more than Investors received.

	Several times since this list serve started you have mentioned the need
for most to invest rather than trade and I have to agree with you that most
should do that, but there are alternatives for traders to leverage the
power of the Market.

-- Frank :-)

High Return on Investment using Technical Analysis
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/
Minnesota Long Distance Canoe Racing
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/mnlong/