From: John Sellers <ay286@xxxxxxxx>
To: 'Steven Buss' <sbuss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Cyberspace User Group' <metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, November 19, 1997 8:29 PM
Subject: RE: Metastock Industry Group Data Management

I use IRL program too. I run my own DJ-30 index because it comes out with
volume which I think is necessary to confirm on-going bullish moves. Also
look in the help and you will see a group of surrogate stocks to produce the
OEX and another group for the Nasdaq index. They may be interesting to you.

May I suggest that the stocks in a group that you feel strongly that are not
going to be on your buying list consider deleting them from the index when
you make that index. My understanding is a group that is performing well has
a higher probability is where  you may choose a stock that will increase
your probability of success.

Of course this holds true for stock selection from a group within many for
further improvement.

One may technical or fundamental criteria to select stocks for these indices
prior to applying Metastock analysis. I have been using earnings, volume,
and some other items such as percent of insiders that are holding the stock,
future earnings which Zack's on the Internet supply. A program that I use is
American Association of Individual Investors Stock Data base which can
filter from about 8000 stocks with about 140 different types of information
on these stocks.

Good luck!

John Sellers
Torrance CA