Re: The Big Picture

Steven Buss wrote:

> But then early this morning, he sent out another note noting that S&P
> futures were trading limit up and that the "Feds were pouring liquidity"
> into the market.  He says:
>
> "It looks like the Feds are flooding the Globex markets with liquidity again
> and it wants to take the markets back up...."
>
> He/she (I shouldn't assume that the Blaster is a He) doesn't say how he came
> by this knowledge.  What is the Globex related data that leads him to this
> conclusion?

I don't know the real answer to your question.  But it did remind me of a
thought I have had recently.  Years ago, as I was beginning to invest, there was
much emphasis on money supply.  Indeed, in my college days, I was convinced that
money supply was the one statistical area that perhaps had more bearing on
market movement than any (single) other factor.  Am I just not reading the
"right" places, is the money supply out of vogue as a factor, or have market
forces evolved such that money supply is not the factor it once was?  Maybe, it
may be a factor in what your man was getting at with his "liquidity" reference.