Re: Deflation - Caveat Emptor

In a message dated 97-10-31 07:37:03 EST, Steve Buss writes:
<< Subj:	 Boo!
 Date:	97-10-31 07:37:03 EST
 From:	sbuss@xxxxxxxxxxx (Steven Buss)
 Reply-to:	sbuss@xxxxxxxxxxx (Steven Buss)
 To:	metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Metastock-list)

 File:  Dow_boo!.exe (57854 bytes)
 DL Time (28800 bps): < 1 minute

 So, in the spirit of the holiday, I've attached a self-extracting executable
 file "Dow_Boo!.exe".  It is an MS Word 6.0 document that contains two
 charts.  One showing the Dow in 1986/1987 and the other 1996/1997.  >>

Well Mr. Buss, your Boo! really scared me.  From using AOL for 10 years I
have become very, very hardened to scams, password stealers and those
attempting to put viruses on my PC through executables attached to e-mail.  I
am also aware that there can be macro viruses is MS Word documents.  When I
see something like the above, my antenna reach the ceiling.  I question why
you are sending charts (probably .gifs) as executables?  Charts are not .exe
files.  I also question why you are sending charts in MS Word document format
when this is the MetaStock list.  Why not send a chart that came from
MetaStock?  My bent is that you are trying to scam me.  If that is not the
case I apologize, but I will not run your file until I see answers to my
questions.