Re: Elliotwaves

I belong to a group with a member who joined to find out why advanced get
had quit working.

I've read the other replies and agree with the 'more research' school of
thought.

I've been over the Frost and Proechter book several times, looked at the
WinWaves demo, have a background in computer science, and feel that it's a
tough thing to program.  Because of all the variables involved it's very
difficult to program a good wave counting algorithm.  I suggest you download
the WinWaves demo from www.elliottwaves.com and go through it.  Read ALL the
info that is part of the demo in the program.  They're very clear that there
are many ways to count a given situation, and that a computer program cannot
make the final decision, but can give you a probability.  The program seems
to be pretty good at counting waves, but falls down assigning the degree, as
per the commentary with the program.  Blah, blah, blah, ... download the
demo, read the books, make up your own mind.  I gotta say I think ALL of the
counting programs would make a ton of money if they were priced under
$100.00.  It's too subjective a thing to program.

BTW - Bill Williams has a very interesting way to verify wave counts.  See
his book 'Trading Chaos'

Carey Barnett
mailto:cbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://webhome.idirect.com/~cbarnett/
Remember "Burned bridges can't even be used for firewood."
Yeah, I know about charcoal. Gimme a break!       ...cb'94