Re: Reuters data 4

I just signed up for Reuters after being with Prophet for over a year.  I
started Prophet when they were about the only Internet service where you
could get futures data.  The day I signed up with Reuters this thread
started:  I gotta tell you I was less than thrilled, so I spent the weekend
comparing Prophet to Reuters, and guess what?  Where there are
errors/inconsistencies/fuck-ups/anomalies (whatever you want to call it)
Reuters is right more often than Prophet, and I can tell you that the
Prophet data has never caused me any problems.

I case you ask "Why switch?"  A couple of weeks ago Prophet's feed dropped
an entire Friday's (I think it was Friday) worth of data.  I got nothing,
nada, zip, the big goose egg on Monday morning.  Luckily I had nothing on,
but this had to be a problem for some people.

Prophet is in California, but the markets are in the east, and they don't
run a night shift, so the problem wasn't even detected until 8:30 or so
California time.  This is lunch time where I am (Toronto, Canada), and the
New York markets are going downhill to closing.  This is the second time
I've needed service and couldn't get through because of the time difference,
so...

BTW - the Downloader is much easier to get along with than Prophet's updater
(a real pig - gets in the way allot), and historical, continuous data is
free at Reuters.  Prophet wants to charge you.

Carey Barnett
mailto:cbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://webhome.idirect.com/~cbarnett/
Remember "Burned bridges can't even be used for firewood."
Yeah, I know about charcoal. Gimme a break!       ...cb'94

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\Carey Barnett1.vcf"