From: "Troutman, Defender of Sticks" <troutman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Carlin L. Guidry (E-mail)" <carl2b@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 1.28 indicator
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 07:36:15 -0700

Carlin,

I can't find a reasonable way in MetaStock's language to build an
indicator for this.  Apparently the ZigZag function should be
able to find peaks and troughs, but I didn't find a quick and
obvious way to write a program to do it.  Your MetaStock users'
group will likely be more help.

Here's a basic description of the indicator, if it helps.  Ignore
that thing you got from Omega; it's useless.  This isn't written
in an indicator programming language; it's sort of Troutspeak...

Oh, and this is to calculate based on two highs and a low.  Just
switch everything around to do two lows and a high...

! Some initial variable value definitions
nearHigh    = most recent high price;
2ndNearHigh = the previous high peak;
nearLow     = the most recent market bottom;
2ndNearLow  = the 2nd-most-recent market bottom;

! We do the following to figure out whether the most recent
! low price comes AFTER the nearest high.  Since we need the
! low to be in between the nearest and 2nd-nearest high peaks,
! we'll go to the second-nearest low if that's the case.
if  ( bar number of nearLow is greater than nearHigh bar num )  then
   targetLow = bar number of 2ndNearLow;
else
   targetLow = bar number of nearLow;
endif;

! Now we get the distance between the two high points and calc
! the bar count.  Round up or down to get a whole bar count.
distance = ROUND( ( nearHigh bar num - 2ndNearHigh bar num ) * 1.28);

! Add the distance to the low bar number, and that gives us the
! future target turning point.
futureTurn = bar number of targetLow + distance;

! Finally, plot something to show where everything is.
plot an arrow/dot/line/whatever above 2ndNearHigh bar;
plot something above nearHigh bar;
plot something below targetLow;
plot a vertical line/whatever at futureTurn bar;

That's it!  Don't even know if it's possible, but it's a start.
Oh, by the way, the reason I couldn't view those pictures was because
they had an extension of .JPEG, not .JPG.  My viewing program wasn't
looking for that type of file extension; stupid thing.

Anyway, hope this is useful to some degree.

Sticks

--
Troutman, Defender of Sticks   (aka)   Jonathan Matte, President
troutman@xxxxxxxxxxxx                  Defender Capital Management