Re: Brokers

Don't know Discover, but my experience with E-Schwab was not good.  I
found them to be very difficult to deal with in the event of problems or
errors, some of which were theirs.  Also, I found them to be more
expensive than others, not only for commissions but their way of
charging for much that is free elsewhere.

I moved to E*Trade, which has a wonderful site with much free, useful
information, but alas, their service in the event of problems -- again
of their making -- was worse, much worse. e.g. they moved money to the
wrong account which I couldn't access and I had to go through multiple,
20-minute wait calls to their support who wouldn't do what they
promised;  they failed to execute a limit order when the price moved
through my buy...that sort of aggravation followed by sometimes rude
behavior from their support people -- when you finally reached them that
is.

Then went to Scottsdale.  Their site is not too hot, but their
commission, $9.00, makes up for a lot.  Also, if you have problems or
questions, you can call a local broker who answers quickly, at no
charge, and so far has handled things rather well.

Check out this site:
http://www.astro.lsa.umich.edu:80/users/philf/www/discount.html  It
lists comments and information about just about every brokerage house.
A lot of good, if unpleasant, information that may save you some grief.

Good luck with whoever you choose.

Leo