Chart Patterns

Richard Estes wrote....

....."Patterns are in the eye of the beholder, like beauty.  When we did not
have
information or computers, It had more importance. I would rather use
indicators that provide precise triggers that I have tested and trust.

I remember patterns but wouldn't think of trading off them. More for the
smoking jacket set, than today's market."............

Chart patterns are in the eye of the beholder, as is their interpretation.
 So are "your precise triggers."  They are created by you or some other
human.  They may be on a computer or whatever, but they are the result of
human interpretation.

What moves stocks today also moved them in the yesterday or
yesteryear....supply and demand from buyers and sellers.  What is so
different that makes today's market differ from the past markets (the smoking
jacket market)?

Your way....my way....the key is still our interpretation!!!!

Jerry