Re: MACD-HISTOGRAM

Hi Mark,

Here's how I created the MACD histogram.  First I had to define a new
custom indicator (you only need to do this once):

1. Bring up the Indicator Builder and press "New"
2. I use the name "MACD Difference" for my indicator.  Feel free to
name the indicator whatever suits you.
3. Enter the following in the formula section:
             MACD() - Mov(MACD(), 9, EXPONENTIAL)
4. Save that sucker by pressing OK and then CLOSE.

OK, now we can create that MACD Histogram on any price chart with the
following steps:

1. (Optional) Drop the MACD indicator at the top of your price chart
to create a new inner window with the MACD lines in it.
2. Drop the "MACD Difference" indicator in an inner window (I use the
same window that the MACD lines are in).
3. Pull up the "Properties" of the MACD Difference line and use the
"Color/Style" tab to change it's "Style" from a single line into a
histogram (I also make mine blue).

You can create a simple MACD Difference system test using the
following steps:

1. Pull up the System Tester and press "New..."
2. Name the test something like "MACD Difference"
3. Under the "Enter Long" tab, enter the following formula:
      Fml("MACD Difference") > 0
4. Under the "Close Long" tab, enter:
      Fml("MACD Difference") <= 0

Good luck!
Chip

---FFCorps@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Folks:
>
> I'm new at this and wondering if anyone has ever done an exploration
or built
> an indicator using weekly MACD-Histogram data. I'd like to identify
stocks
> with MACD-Histogram lines which are rising toward zero for buys.
Conversely

Sent by Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.com