Re: Indicator / trading system based on _several_ securities: How?

Rudolf,

I did go back to re-read the intent but it was a bit vague (abastract). But
based up the subject heading of a trading system/exploration based upon muliple
securities. You can do this (I hope). Lets say you have 3 securities that you
want to work with.

Ole them to Excel. (Special note-don't go hog wild with the number of days
linked & in the options for MS # of days choose the same # of days to load.
Let's say 500 when you perform your tests after you are setup). I think with
OLE you will need to be consistent.

Now in Excel you can make whatever computations you need to make in Excel. This
new computation based on your three secruities we will call "3SecInd".

Next Ole 3SecInd to MS in a New window in some security. Save it as a chart.

Now with your trading system use the P indicator. SO lets say you have MSFT in
the chart with your 3SecInd. YOu would compare P to the Close for example.

So by clicking on 3SecInd so the handles are on the indicator before running
the system test or exploration should do the trick.

As far as updating the link. I believe you can do this in MS by right mouse
clicking on 3SecInd and select Update link.

If you need to open up Excel to update link no big deal. Just make sure the
auto update link is selected in the Excel options. Then open file - save &
close. A minor task.

I am not sure if this is what you want. But hopefully it will give you some
ideas.

Let me know how it works & if you are trying todo something else.

Harley Meyer

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 19:07:12 +0200,
rst@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote...

>Harley,
>
>On Tue, 14 Oct 1997 17:20:11, you wrote:
>
>>As far as I know you can't. But ....
>>Do you have Excel. If so I will think about the problem since it has =
>come up=20
>>before to see if we can't figure something out.
>
>Yes, I have Excel available (and , hopefully, the OLE connection will
>work reliably). So I'm very much interested in a solution, where MS
>can construct e.g. indicators based on inputs from _several_ (i.e.
>different) securities. But it should work automatically with no user
>interaction, if possible ...
>
>mfg ruolf stricker
>|
>| Disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly his own.

Harley Meyer
meyer093@xxxxxxxxxx