Reuters data 2

   “Data from Reuters” is bad. How do I know? When I see no gaps for
Globex sessions  on currencies I know  they are not Globex  sessions. When
I copy 1000 days  of T-bonds
and 1000 days of SP-500 in a same spreadsheet , I see  an example of
missing days.
It is easy to spot  V=0, OI=0  in spreadsheet as well. Large movers obvious
as well.
Errors of order 5-10 ticks are not easy to spot. On a few occasions I
compared them
against  ones posted  by CBOT and CME on their websites.On 10-10  data on
SF,DM,
and BP had 5 (out of 12) errors > 2ticks, on 10-13 Hi and Low for those
currencies
coincided .  T-Bond on 10-13 is not posted .THOSE JUST the EXAMPLES.

  I suggested many times to people at Reuters , Reality Online (Reuters
Trend Datalink),
 Equis to test “Data from Reuters” against Reuters  terminal datafeed , or
I volunteered to do it for them  ,  just send me Metastock or Excel files
from Reuters terminal datafeed .
If you read how Reuters Trend Datalink being advertised  you will see how
much mileage they squeeze out of   name “Reuters” . “Reuters” even in
Microsoft  Word  dictionary unless it was added without my asking .
Reasons “you got what you paid for “ are not really applicable, because
institutional investors pay not just for tic data (BIM data probably is as
reliable at 15% cost ) but the news as well .
For last couple of months situation is that :
 at Reality Online - they are saying it is not up to them to eliminate
discrepancies with Reuters  terminal datafeed .
 at Reuters-either no reply ,or “talk to Reality Online”
at Equips- they cannot help with that (even I believe they tried)

Now , entire thing sounds like fraud to me.( Read advertisement for Reuters
Trend Datalink  and their User’s Guide)
  Metastock ‘s Downloader doesn’t have good vendors (probably CSI is a good
vendor -
example ) and among them only Reuters has lookup dialogs , correction
features - they belong  to the same Co. With web development I would guess
integration  will go further. I am not aware of  another combination of
major trading software developer and data vendor.
My advice to Equis : as soon as you implement some attractive web features
for
for integrating Metastock & “Data from Reuters” don’t waist money  for
reliable software which you have now . Program  that crashes every 15
minutes is no worse than data which is really bad .

  All the time I hear words “Intellectual Property” and “Rights” , the time
I asked
 at Reality Online abote their liability - reply was  :“None. Read the
disclaimer .”
  I feel  that as an individual  I exhausted all possibilities talking to
the companies .
 I would really appreciate the reply , from those companies as well.
But personally after few months of phone calls I see no other ways than
asking for help
from Federal Trading Commission or taking some legal actions.
                Leon Feyder    ( lfeyder @  www.worldnet.att.net )