Re: weekly picks

<x-html><HTML>
In the message below, Jim mentions the ability to save charts in .GIF format
for E-mailing via Internet. FYI: The best (certainly for the price) simple-to-use
graphics conversion and editing program available is PaintShop Pro. It
is shareware that can be downloaded at: http://www.jasc.com/pspdl.html.

<P>Michael Smith

<P>Jim Greening wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Mike,
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The blue dashed lines are 21 day exponential
moving averages (ema) of
<BR>the close, the red dashed lines are 55 day ema, and the dashed magenta
<BR>lines are 233 ema.

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The hilo timer formulas is as follows:
<BR>&nbsp; Tema(BarsSince(C=LLV(C,55)) - BarsSince(C=HHV(C,55)),55)
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; For the 21 day high low timer just change
every 55 to 21.

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I first copy the chart to my clipboard by pressing
&lt;CTRL> C.&nbsp; That is
<BR>hold the CTRL button down on the keyboard while pressing the C key.&nbsp;
I then
<BR>open Graphics Workshop and paste the image to it.&nbsp; When I do that
it gives
<BR>me the option of what format to save it in and I choose GIF.&nbsp;
If you don't
<BR>have graphics workshop you could use any good graphics program that
has an
<BR>option to save as a GIF file.&nbsp; PowerPoint or even Word should
work.&nbsp; I've
<BR>used PowerPoint before, but not Word.&nbsp; Let me know what programs
you have
<BR>and I'll try to walk you through it.

<P>Jim

<P>----------
<BR>> From: michael.arnoldi@xxxxxxxx
<BR>> To: metastock-list@xxxxxxxxx
<BR>> Subject: weekly picks
<BR>> Date: Sunday, October 12, 1997 8:11 AM
<BR>>
<BR>> Jim Greening's weekly picks:
<BR>> your elaborate mailings are very informative &amp; much appreciated.
<BR>> i have a few questions:
<BR>> 1) what are the blue dashed lines &amp; red dashed lines on the graph
?
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; are they moving averages &amp; how
are they calculated ?
<BR>>
<BR>> 2) your hilo timer 55 looks very interesting. how is it calculated
?
<BR>>
<BR>> i would like to see how these would look on my charts &amp; if they
would
<BR>> give me a better insight to buy / sell signals.
<BR>>
<BR>>
<BR>> since you are so proficient with your computer, how would i go about
<BR>> sending a metastock chart&nbsp; by e-mail ?
<BR>>
<BR>> many thanks for any help you are willing to give.
<BR>>
<BR>> mike</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Sun Oct 12 17:00:37 1997