Re: Trading....

Jerry,

I appreciate your encouraging comments.

What I have a particular problem with is not so much recognizing a bad
trade as "figuring out why" it was bad. That is, it seems to me trading
is unique in that the recurrence of MOST mistakes that we make in life
can be avoided by not repeating the same action.  For example, you
probably wouldn't light a match around gasolene a second time.  But if
you go long in a stock that subsequently drops severely, what was the
mistake that you could learn from?  After all, sometimes they go up
under identical conditions.

I'm sure you don't have the entire answer to this dilema, but maybe you
could throw some light on how you personally go about recognizing, then
learning from trading "mistakes".

Thanks again.

Leo