One-click way to relate a stock to an index?

Hi guys,
	I wonder if there is an easy and fast way to find (on Web?) an
appropriate index for a particular stock. Certainly, one can browse
manually exchanges' web sites checking components of indices they
support, but it's still too long way to go. Though, I  perhaps may
automate Web search zeroing in on particular exchanges only; I don't
know how - are there "agents" able to do this job without collecting a
lot of trash?
	It's easy to find Sector/Industry Group and the stock's SIC code,
using, for instance, Yahoo!: Company's Profile ... So it's not a problem
to pinpoint even a narrow subindustry the stock belongs. But what then?
What indexes cover the subindustry?
	A year ago I compiled lists of the indexes' components by browsing
laboriously sites of the exchanges one by one. But now it seems that
maintaining/updating these lists asks for too much of my time. Anything
better that this?
	Second question is harder, I guess: what if a stock is not listed as a
component of an index? What are indices which may be of relevance? Any
guidelines, sources? I got confused some time ago with CYTC (CYTYC
Corporation) which "designs, develops, manufactures, and markets a
sample preparation system for medical diagnostic applications". Yahoo
Profile shows for it
Industry: Scientific & Technical Instr.,
Sector: Technology
Yet, I thought it might be relevant to check how some Health Care
Indices were performing by then, but wasn't sure which ones (I should
confess my total ignorance regarding health related stocks; maybe, this
is why I just should steer clear of them <g>?).

Thanks.
		Vitaly