Cooper Trading System

  • To: metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: "Long" OLE connection e.g. from MS to Excel: How?
  • From: "rudolf stricker" <rst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 12:09:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 22:50:14, you wrote:

>It might be helpful to let us know what you are trying todo regardless of the
>methodolgy you are currently using. Maybe there is a way to make the OLE
>connection & still have it do what you want. But just done a different way.

I tried to describe it in my posting, but maybe, I should do it more
precisely:

My intention is to link MS _on a continuous_ basis to Excel (and my
neural net tools). But if I have set-up this link e.g. for our DAX
(main index here in germany) on e.g 24th of Sept 1997, the link _ends_
with this date.

What I want is: When new DAX data come in continuously into MS from my
data provider, these e.g. DAX data should also be linked to Excel
without re-establishing the OLE link explicitly every day. and this
process should be working "automatically" up to e.g. the end of 1998.

Can you give any hint on how to establish such a "long" (continuous)
link?

Thank you for your help and your time!

mfg rudolf stricker