Re: Stocks vs Commodities

I haven't traded commodities since the 70's when I lost money in my
involvement with the Goldstein-Samuelson "double option" fraud.  (I
wonder how many of you today know of, or have even heard of
Goldstein-Samuelson?)

It left a bad taste about commodity trading, to say the least, and I
have shied away ever since.  Yet for reasons I don't fully understand,
commodity trading still has a certain "aura" for me, and I would like to
ask those of you who trade commodities what is it about commodities that
makes them preferable to stock trading for you.  And conversely, those
of you who trade stocks exclusively, why do you avoid commodities?

I mean, when viewed objectively, one could argue that commodity trading
is perhaps a purer form of the trading art, more susceptible to
technical analysis than stocks.  And that those of you who might be
called "trading purists" would gravitate towards commodity trading.
Further, I suspect -- but don't know -- that one could make just as much
money in stocks as commodities, and that if the "90% are losers" rule is
true about commodity trading, there must be some other motivation that
keeps the commodity traders happily at their trade.

My question is, just what really is it that makes a commodity trader
trade commodities?

Thanks,

Leo