Re: brady breakout system:

Drew,
     I'm not sure which part you don't understand, but let me try again<G>.
 First of all, I'm now using MetaStock 6.5 which have the tema smoothing
built into it.  If you are using 6.0, you will have to use a custom formula
for tema smoothing.  I used the custom formula for Dema smoothing with 6.0,
but didn't try to tackle tema smoothing <G>.  Yell if you still have
questions when I finish.
     Let's start by importing the stock data into MetaStock and assuming
there wasn't a default chart.  My load option is set to load 1000 day's of
data and display 200.  I'd begin with a single window and right click on
the stock plot.  Then I'd select the chart properties and change it to
CandleVolume.  I'd then drag down three moving averages and drop them on
the CandleVolume Chart.  I'd set them at 21, 55, and 233 day exponential
moving averages and make them a dashed blue, red, and magenta line,
respectively.  Then I'd attach my expert advisor by right clicking inside
the window and selecting it.  I've posted it before, but if you want it
again, just yell.
     That finishes the basic chart.  Next I'd open a volume window under
the chart if it wasn't already there, by selecting Volume from the
indicator quick list and dragging it down on the chart title bar.  Then I'd
drag the volume title bar on to the chart title bar to get the volume
window on the bottom.  Then I'd drag down the bottom of the CandleVolume
window to get it a lot larger than the Volume window.  I then drag a Moving
Average from the quick indicator list to the volume window.  I set the
first at an 8 day TSF dashed red line, the second at a 55 day TSF solid red
line.
     Then I would go back to the quick indicator list and drag rsquared to
the top of the CandleVolume title bar.  I use the drop down window to set
that indicator as a solid dark cyan line and add horizontal dashed red line
at 0.15.
     I've set up a custom formula for tema(MFI) and tema(S/C) just to make
things easier.  I again go to the quick list and drag them down on the
CandleVolume title bar to open new windows above the CandleVolume windows.
I set them both at dark cyan and a histogram from the drop down menu.  I
then drag the windows to arrange them with RSquared on top, then tema(S/C),
then Tema(MFI), then the CandleVolume window, and finally the Volume.  I
size them so that the CandleVolume is a larger window and the other four
are about the same size smaller windows.
     Since I don't want to have to do that every time I open a chart, I
right click on the chart background and set this configuration as the
default template.  To be on the safe side I also save it as the stock
template.  Now anytime I open a chart with new data, I'll get one set up
like this.
     The finally step is to construct my trend channels and run my
MetaStock System tests.  If none of the tests show at least a 100% gain,
I'll delete the chart.  For charts that test better than 100%, I'll change
the top indicator to show which test I'm using.  I'm currently using four.
Three of them use RSquared and tema(S/C) with either MFI, CME, or CCI.  CME
is the new Chaiken Money Flow built into MS6.5.  I use another test with
tema(ROC),ADXR, and tema(S/C).  Most stocks will test best with the MFI
test so I don't have to change anything.  Then in decreasing numbers I will
get some stocks to test best with the CME, CCI or ROC tests.  When that
happens I'll change the MFI indicator for CME or CCI or change the RSquared
and MFI indicator for tema(ROC) and ADXR so I can see at a glance which
test works best with that chart.
     I hope that's clearer.  Yell if it's not.

Jim

----------
> From: Drew Hawkins <dhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: Meta Stock Scribe List (E-mail) <metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Candle Volume
> Date: Friday, September 19, 1997 12:52 AM
>

> Hi Jim
>
> Can you explain this a bit more for me I don't understand.
>
>  .  When I place new stocks in my database, I use a default template that
> plots the stock as a CandleVolume chart with 21, 55, and 233 day
> exponential moving averages.  Below the chart is a window with the volume
> and an 8 and 55 day times series moving average of the volume.  Above the
> chart are three windows with the RSquared, tema(S/C), and tema(MFI)
> indicators.  The tema(S/C) is a tema smoothed indicator of the 34 day
> LinRegSlope divided by the Close.  The other is a tema smoothed 55 day
MFI.