Re: Trading Education For Me

At 05:51 PM 9/18/97 -0500, Ken Andersen wrote:
>All,
>
>Does anyone have any thoughts on whether sharing, or even selling a
>working, profitable system to the "masses" helps or hinders the system's
>performance?   I think a lot of traders and investors would be willing to
>share (read: brag a little  <g>) IF they were certain that doing so would
>not dilute the effectiveness of their system.  Comments?
>
>Ken

Ken -

   I have never heard of *anyone* losing anything after sharing their
system.  The only systems that I remember and that were shared *for free*
are excellent ones.  I have come to believe that those who are not willing
to share their systems don't really have anything to share and that that is
what they are hiding in not sharing anything.  It is one thing to say that
one made 90+% last year and another in explaining how and yet another in
proving it.

   A friend of mine is a man whose *proven track record* over the last
twenty-one years is better than 99.98% of all known public Money Mangers in
this country and his system is *totally open* to the public!   That is the
way that it has been for years and other Money Managers are finally
knocking on his door not to buy his system, which they could for a mere
$250-$500, but to buy his talent to manage their moneys.  Others have
"borrowed" his system and tried to improve on it, but cannot seem to find
any better way to do what he is doing.

   Peter Lynch's system was known to all who wanted to learn.  That didn't
seem to hurt him.

   I really believe that those who do not want to share and help others are
only trying to fool someone, and that someone is really themself; if they
were willing to share, the one that they would be helping the most would be
themself.

-- Frank :-)

High Return on Investment using Technical Analysis
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/
Minnesota Long Distance Canoe Racing
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/mnlong/