Reference my 9/10 E-mail

Dan,

In 1979 I bought my first home computer, an Atari 800, and paid $1200 (I
think) for it, only to have
the price plummet to around $80 NEW a couple of years later......but did
I learn my lesson ?

HA! <fast forward> In 1989? I switched from the king of vaporware, an
Amiga 1000, to an IBM 386 for
$3000, a "great" deal at the time.....AND I took the word of the saleman
that the 486 was "more power
than anyone needed" only to be humiliated at the hands of proud 486
owners a few months later, and
smugly rejoined with the hypothetical query, "ONLY a 386, and you paid
HOW much ?"

Grrr....Anyway, I KNOW....I OVERPAID for the 300mhz ! But THIS time, I'm
not gonna spend the next
2 years (my usual new-computer interval) eating dirt from any
neighborhood punk that manages to
scratch together the spare change for anything without AGP....

Yea....that's it........the *AGP* is braggable into (at least!) next

Yours in midlife-crisis confusion,

Dick