Re: Weekly Pick

     Thanks for the input.  It looks like we are in violent agreement <G>.
Does anyone else disagree?
     I'm confining my watch list to small caps with maybe an occasional
over
valued large cap as a short candidate.  I just ran my weekly Telescan
Prosearches, but I don't remember any energy sector stocks falling out.
     I just jumped back to Telescan and did a Group Momentum search.  The
results are shown below.  As you can see there are several Oil and Gas
sectors listed.

Jim

       INDUSTRY GROUPS WITH BIG MOMENTUM
           Industry Groups
   Criteria             	Criteria Values
GROUP RANK                         60.0-99.0 r
LST-SQR DEVIATN 3-YR               List Only
REL PERFORMANC  1-DY               List Only
GROUP RANK CHG  1-WK               High 100%
LST-SQR DEVIATN 5-YR               List Only
REL PERFORMANC  3-WK               List Only
GROUP RANK CHG  3-WK               High 100%
LST-SQR DEVIATN 10YR               List Only
REL PERFORMANC  6-WK               List Only
GROUP RANK CHG  6-WK               High 60%
LST-SQR DEVIATN 15YR               List Only
REL PERFORMANC  1-WK               List Only
GROUP RANK CHG 13-WK               High 20%
LST-SQR DEVIATN MAX                List Only
REL PERFORMANC 18-WK               List Only
MACD HST  8/17/9 DY                List Only
MACD HST  8/17/9 WK                List Only
MOVING AVG  50-DY                  List Only

                       ******************************
                       Prosearch 5.0* Top Stock Report
                                  08/31/97
                       ******************************
 1>  .BEQ    - Broadcasting/Equipment widx        .BEQ
 2>  .SOS    - Steel / Iron / Other specialt      .SOS
 3>  .DDW    - Drug Wholesalers widx              .DDW
 4>  .OCP    - Oil & Gas / Crude producer TS      .OCP
 5>  .OIL    - Oil & Gas TSCN-Widx                .OIL
 6>  .FOS    - Food Serving TSCN-Widx             .FOS
 7>  .OWD    - Oil & Gas / Well supply, Dril      .OWD
 8>  .MSP    - Machinery / Specialties TSCN-      .MSP
 9>  .FLE    - Finance / Leasing TSCN-Widx        .FLE
10>  .FPS    - Packaged / Snack widx              .FPS
11>  .PPE    - PUBLISHING/PERIODICALS WIDX        .PPE
12>  .SHI    - Shipping/Shipbuilding TSCN-Wi      .SHI
13>  .AMH    - Automobiles / Motor Homes TSC      .AMH
14>  .ASV    - Services widx                      .ASV
15>  .TRU    - Trucking TSCN-Widx                 .TRU
16>  .FBM    - Bakery/Mill/Sugar widx             .FBM
17>  .UIN    - Utilities-Gas / Integrated TS      .UIN
18>  .MIU    - Manufacturing/Distr. / Indust      .MIU
19>  .TSF    - Synthetic Fibers widx              .TSF
20>  .ASC    - Aerospace / Subsys./component      .ASC

<metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>