bull or bear ?

Maybe. But my largest portfolio went up 12% last week being
long.  I'm sure my other portfolios did equally well.  I
went long the natural gas stocks when the XNG broke out of a
penant formation which I advised here awhile back.  My
indicators are mostly bearish but my gut says we might have
another rally.

One area I'm watching closely is SE Asia.  There is getting
to be blood in the streets there with their currency
problems.  Should be many good opportunities there soon
including the YEN.  I have a small losing position now in
the YEN but will probably build a big position if I see a
turnaround.  There are also many country funds traded on the
NYSE that bear watching for a turn.  I like Singapore but
own nothing there now.  I think that they may attract
business from Hong Kong with the Chinese taking over HK and
the high cost of doing business in HK.  There is a Singapore
fund that might be attractive for long term investors.
Haven't yet looked at it in detail.  Jardine Fleming also
runs a lot of funds in that area and these guys are highly
regarded.

Bob Doeden
Chicago