Re: data vendors- which ?

Hi David,

The software for PC Quote is written by Townsend Analytics, and is
terrific software.....very flexible.....and it gives you the entire
market view with as many charts/boardviews/indexes/etc. as you have
resources (and of course bandwidth) to open......However, it also comes
packaged (via www.pcquote.com download) with an .xls Excel spreadsheet,
which you merely open with Excel, and fill out the macro prompts (after
reading the help.txt) and Walla!...you're in business. <g>

The only problems I've found are (1) the excel updates seem slower than
opening the same thing in the program, and (2) it doesn't seem to work
in the Office 97 version of Excel. (You can also transfer data from the
application windows via the Win95 system-wide ability to right-click on
the top/left tab of a window and scroll down to "copy", then "paste" in
the excel spreadsheet directly)

Another caveat.....PC Quote is fairly expensive, considering a lot of
quote services now popping up on the internet, that'll give you
everything except Nasdaq Level 2 for about $50/mo. + exchange fees.

I'm hoping that the competition will *shame* PC Quote into lowering
their real time prices. <g>

Dick