From: Guy Gordon <gordon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: APM Raff channels
Date: Tuesday, August 26, 1997 4:08 AM

Here's an interesting chart:  http://www.white-crane.com/apm.htm
Applied Magnetics makes thin-film and magneto-resistive heads for disk
drive makers.

My problem on this chart is that I can draw TWO perfectly good Raff
Regression channels on APM.   Which one is the price really on?

The first channel is from 6/26/97 to 8/19/97, and then extended right.
Parallel to this channel I generate a trendline using a Linear
Regression line on the 26-day Moving Average, from 7/10/97 thru
8/19/97.  All these lines are dark blue on the chart above.  APM has
just tested the trendline twice.

On a shorter term basis, I draw a light-blue Raff channel on APM from
7/15/97 thru 8/25/97, and extend it right.  APM is in the middle of
this channel.  This channel is not yet verified by my 26-day average,
though in the last week you can see just a hint that the average is
turning to run parallel to it.

My question is: Short of waiting for one of these channels to be
violated, are there any good indications of which one the stock will
take?