re: data vendors- which ?

>I am also unsure what occurs when a price has gapped .

I have tried to use the countback method (manually) as per Darryl Guppy's
book "Share Trading" but often the line took me through a gap and onto a
bar some weeks or months previous which would surely give an incorrect
result. Maybe there is something I missed in the book.

Seems to me the way to resolve this issue is to send an email to Darryl
Guppy himself. His email address is in his book. He also uses Metastock so
maybe he has a formula worked out already or at least some thoughts on it.

Great book, by the way.

              _/
           _/  _/
carl    _/  _/  _/