Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 23:44:36 -0500
From: Tim Kruzel <TKruzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: MetaStock User Group <metastock-list@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: OBTR MetaStock Formula

> ClaudB@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> Robert,
>
> I understand OBTR is an intraday indicator. Do you know if
> there is
> a way to code it for MS as a daily indicator?
>
> Claud

For those interested in the On Balance True Range (OBTR)
indicator, here it is as a MetaStock function. I read the article
by the OBTR's creator, T. Bierovic. If I interpreted the article
correctly, this should be it. Let me know how it works.

Cum(If(C > Ref(C,-1),1,-1) *
   (If(Ref(C,-1) < L,
       {Then} (H - Ref(C,-1)),
       {Else}