Wilder's ADX

I'm a new user of MetaStock and am updating the MS CD data from ASCII files.  I have done a 'Convert' of an ASCII file containing 16 days of data on 11,000+ stocks.  It took between 6.5 and 10 hours!  (Don't know exactly, 'cause I have to sleep sometime.)  Five days of data on the same stocks took between 5.5 and 6 hours!  This seems excessive to me.

While the conversion was going on the CPU usage pegged at 100% and use of other programs was difficult.  (It became impossible when the resources -- System and User -- went to 0.)

If anyone has the same problem or otherwise knows what is going on, please reply.

Jim Perry