Unidentified subject!

Sometimes the links created by OLE II do not update.  Right click on the
chart and select update links.  If you are referring to a chart being
opened and not having the latest data in it, it is probably because the
data vendor is not following the file requirements when writing to the
MetaStock data files.  If you have MetaStock for Windows, or The
DownLoader for Windows open when this zip file update is occurring, then
that is why the data isn't available as they are not using our file
library and therefore the information is not being written to the Master
and Emaster files as our library has them locked.

As far as "read only" Master and Emaster files, that usually happens
when you exit MetaStock for Windows abnormally.  Are there files in the
data folder that begin with a ~?  Those are what is left when an
abnormal termination occurs.  If you start MetaStock of The DownLoader,
it will tell you that you are still using the files and when you OK you
will have access to the data.

Equis Support