Re: metastock-digest Digest V97 #173

Lionel Issen wrote:

> Tim:
>
> I entered this function as an indicator and compare it
> with the OBV using 2
> different stocks:Silicon Graphics SGI, and Chrysler C.
>
> The shape of the OBTR curve is similar but smoother than
> the OBV,  it
> appears to be flatter. The signals on change to an uptrend
> occured close
> together, on change from an up to downtrend the OBTR
> showed divergencies
> towards the end of the uptrend before the OBV.
>
> This is an interesting indicator.  It needs a bit of
> research to understand
> its subtlties, if any. Running it on 2 stocks does not
> show enough about
> its power as an indicator. Since the original formulation
> was created to
> deal with spiky futures data, perhaps it can be modified
> to include the
> volume when dealing with stocks; thus creating a new type
> of on balance
> volume indicator
> (Snip)

I don't know enough about MS to program this and don't have
time now to learn but would be interested in comparing your
chart with mine.  I'm going to try something here. Don't
know if it will work.  I'm attaching a paperport pic of the
DJIA showing OBTR with this msg.  You can view this by
getting the free paperport viewer at

http://www.visioneer.com

I'm doing it this way rather than by email so that others
can view the chart.  If this doesn't work out I'll email it
to you.  If it works I'll send other charts so that the
group can decide is this indicator is useful.

Any comments about this would be appreciated.  If this is
not useful I'll drop the subject & save bandwidth.

Bob Doeden
Chicago

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\Djia.max"