Re: Themes of the list

Thursday 7:30pm

Folks!

We just posted Beta 5 to the web site.  We have been addressing
various issues since Beta 4 was posted.  From my perspective,
this release appears to be very, very good.  I hope you find the same
thing to be true.  I want to ship OT 3.1 to all our customers!  As
many of you have emailed me, this release is CONSIDERABLY faster than
OT 3.0, and I want all our customers to benefit from the improvements
as soon as possible.

Our goal is to produce the first CD this weekend, and get OT 3.1 out
to all customers in about a week.  BUT, that doesn't mean we're going
to stop working on the software!  If you find anything that
needs attention in this release, email me and we will work on it.
If we are able to reproduce the problem here, we may send a test file
to you to determine if your problem has been solved.

I have personally downloaded data for many profiles, of all data
types, and the entire system appears to be functioning flawlessly.
If you are having data collection problems, it will help if you can
turn on logging (on the Communications Log tab on the Data Settings
dialog) and send us the file, COMM.LOG.

Well, that's about it for now.  On behalf of all the staff members
here at Nirvana, thank you again for all your help in testing this
release.  We have quite a "Hall of Fame" of customers who have been
helping us test the 3.1 enhancements, and I want to publicly
recognize each of you for your valuable  support, help, patience, and
time.  The 3.1 release is really a credit to you, not me.

If I have any news tomorrow, I will pass it on.  Thanks...

Ed Downs

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997 10:12:59 +0000 "Ed Downs" <edowns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
>Friday 10:00am
>
>Folks:
>
>Just wanted to give you a quick update:  Feedback from Release 5 has
>been excellent.  I want to emphasize that even though our goal right
>now is to cut a CD and ship it to everyone, we are still taking
>feedback, and will very likely create update releases even while the
>first CD is being duplicated.
>
>I've received a lot of great ideas for adding "goodies" to
>OmniTrader.  For example, one customer emailed me this morning with
>the thought, "Every chart defaults to 20 periods when it is first
>displayed.  Can this value be set and remembered?"  Another user
>writes, "In the Focus List, it would be great if the signal column
>showed the number of days since the signal, in the same color as the
>signal, so you could sort on this value and see if any interesting
>signals fired yesterday or the day before."
>
>This is fantastic feedback!  OmniTrader is a work in progress.  Most
>other companies "hold back" their improvements for the next release,
>but we're not going to do that.  You're going to see the product get
>better and better (as well as addressing problems that arise), as we
>post new releases to the Web Site.  It's really important that I
>emphasize this now - because we're not done!  We'll NEVER be "done".
>I want all of you to absolutely love this product, and I'll do
>everything in my power to add any little feature that makes it easier
>and faster to use - and post the new version to the site.
>
>Thanks for all your help.  As I get more information, I'll pass it
>on.
>
>Ed Downs

NOW THAT'S PERSONAL COMMITMENT.

mike