RE: OmniTrader as a complementary product to MetaStock

Call me crazy.  Call me insane.  But I'm looking at getting back into
Boston Chicken (BOST).

I made good money a few years ago in Boston Chicken convertible bonds.
But since Dec 96 this stock has sucked big time.  From a high of 41 it
fell to less than 11.  It now trades at about 13, with a PE of 11
(prior to today's earnings announcement.)

Boston Market is  a great franchise.  The one's I see are usually
busy, and personally, I like it:  both the store and the food.  (I
mean, compare it to MacDonalds for Christ's sake.)

Technically, BOST has been in a five month downtrend channel.  But it
*may* be breaking out.  If so, it's a slow, painful process.

I draw my Raff Regression channel from 3/5/97 to 7/11/97.  This
requires some justification, as you could stretch or shrink it in
either direction.

I applied my usual criteria.  First, it must be parallel to the 50-day
Moving Average.  So I drew a Linear Regression line on the 50-day MA
from 5/22/97 to 8/6/97.  Since the 50-day MA is pretty flat, the line
is not sensitive to these dates.  Then I extend that line both left
and right.  This makes it easier to tell if the Raff channel is
parallel to it.

Second, I drew a Raff channel over about three months of the data,
where I was pretty sure it was linear.  I then pull the ends of the
Raff trying to make it as long as I can without making it too wide.  I
also try to force each endpoints to lie on a price bar, and make the
channel parallel to the LRL of the 50-day MA.  (A bit of artwork
there.)

None-the-less, I was able to draw what I consider an excellent Raff
channel.  Also note that the top line of the Raff coincides with the
26-day MA.  I like that too.

Now, using this Raff, what does the chart tell us?  BOST made a deep,
sharp bottom on 7/10/97.  This looks like a blow-off bottom.  All the
weak hands sold their shares cheap.

Next, on 7/23, BOST broke the top of the Raff channel at 13 1/2.  Over
the next two weeks, it hung between the 26-day MA and the top of the
Raff channel.  (Resistance line becomes Support.)

Today, BOST is up on increased volume.  Intraday it broke through the
26-day MA at about 13, and closed right on it.  This looks to me like
a weak breakout.

I won't be buying it tomorrow, but I'm going to watch it closely,
while I do more research on the fundamentals.

Anyone out there have some thoughts to share?