FWD: Slowed version of stochastic

I have asked Paritech about converting their ASCII data files collected as
email for use with MS and they have suggested to do it as you have said.
But also say that if you *were* getting your data feed from say, Almax,
then you must rename your indices. For example. ALODA (All Ords, ala Almax)
should be renamed XAO (All Ords, ala Paritech).

It all, sounds pretty simple, doesn't it? In the Convert dialogue box just
set the Source to ASCII Text and the Destination to Metastock and away you
go. But, "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." When I have had
errors there is usaually a button I have forgotten to press or a date
format I've forgotten to change.

Apart from folders a,b,c etc do you have a separate folder for the indices?

Try asking your data provider for advice, also. They may have had queries
from others with the same problem.

>Hi-ho everybody,
>
>Another Aussi novice, perhaps even more a novitiate than the last, ventures
>forth.
>
>I am having trouble downloading data into MS. I receive my data in the form
>of an ASCII file (*.asx), and have been using the convert button to convert
>to ms files. The *.asx file is the daily market of the Australian Stock
>Exchange (Sydney), and converts to c:\shares\a, b, c, etc where a,b,c are
>subdirectories containing shares whose symbol starts with a, b, c, etc. No
>problems mostly, but sometimes the conversion process ends up with  a lot
>errors and no conversion. The files that manage to convert append the data
>to the existing file, but the error files, no.
>
>Any thoughts!
>
>Cheers,
>Lloyd Nicholas

              _/