Re: Tick Data in Excel

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<P><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;And What the hell does Elder
know? A simple TA primer that rehashs indicators that don't work well. His
examples are futures, there is only about 5 stock charts. But his book seem to
be appropriate to the level of TA knowledge expressed in this list.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2><FONT>BTW: Where does Elder's money
come from?&nbsp; Books? As I understand he does not trade much, and if he used
anything in his book, I doubt he could be sucessful. You and others would do
more for your accounts if you applied GANN/Fibonacci to your trading. But I
don't think many on this list will.</FONT>&nbsp;</FONT>
<P><FONT face=Arial size=2><B>-----Original Message-----</B><BR><B>From:
</B>Dick Jurgens &lt;mobldick@xxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR><B>To:
</B>metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
&lt;metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR><B>Date: </B>Saturday, August 02, 1997
12:42 PM<BR><B>Subject: </B>Re: [Fwd: Square of time]<BR><BR></P></FONT><FONT
size=2>Hi Frank,<BR><BR>I'm not knowledgable about Gann techniques, but people
keep mentioning<BR>them here and there.......I've been trying to remember where
I read<BR>this, and yesterday I finally found it.<BR><BR>Take a look at page 23
of the Elder book &quot;Trading for a Living&quot;. Dr.<BR>Elder recounts a
personal interview with Gann's son, who said that Gann<BR>was unsuccessful as
trader, but made a living selling his techniques. He<BR>died leaving only a
house worth approx. 100k,......a far cry from the<BR>claims of 50 Million that
seem to persist.<BR><BR>BTW, I'm not saying his techniques don't work....just
that his legend<BR>may be more of that, than fact. <BR><BR>From what TM Murrey
says, it works pretty good for Murray Math !<BR><BR>Dick <BR><BR><BR><BR>Frank
B. Gaylord wrote:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; At 07:04 AM 8/1/97 -0700, Marco Guglielmo
wrote:<BR>&gt; &gt;Very strange: non body in the list is available to talk about
the Gann's<BR>&gt; &gt;techniques;<BR>&gt; &gt;Is it due&nbsp; they are out of
time or they are difficult to understand or<BR>&gt; &gt;are so precious that who
know does not like to talk about them?<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;As far as for my
knowledge the fundamentals of Gann's techniques are very<BR>&gt; &gt;interesting
and I would be very happy in seriously learning his methods.<BR>&gt;
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;RGDS<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;Marco Guglielmo<BR>&gt;
&gt;(Turin,Italy)<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; Marco -<BR>&gt;
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I, too, wish to hear more of Gann's
techniques.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; -- Frank :-)<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; High Return on
Investment using Technical Analysis<BR>&gt; <A
href="http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/";>http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/</A><BR>&gt;
<BR>&gt; Minnesota Long Distance Canoe Racing<BR>&gt; <A
href="http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/mnlong/";>http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/mnlong/</A><BR>&gt;
<BR>&gt;
</x-html>From ???@??? Sat Aug 02 16:15:33 1997