Deflation????

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997 10:22:25 -0700, Fred wrote:

>>So... How about some criticism here, folks.  Am I full of it?  Or am I
>>about to re-double my Intel investment?
>
>Guy,
>Why do you seek criticism?  You have done a good job.  Thanks for sharing.

I seek to learn.  I spend a lot of time doing that on my own.  Any
help is appreciated.

Like everyone else who trades, I would like to be better at picking
the best price to buy and sell.  It seems I'm always buying at the
high price for the day, and selling at the low of the day.

Second, my performance during the downturn this spring, sucked.
I did very well with my INTC, but with other stocks I kept getting
stopped out, and then I re-invested that money instead of holding the
cash until the correction was over.

>I like the Raff channel approach, but for exact entry and exits (options
>particularly) we need help from other indicators.  What determines your
>entry point?

I buy with the trend.  I determine the trend with either my own
hand-drawn channels or Raff Regression channels.  I position my buys
at either the bottom of an up-trend channel, or at the breakout from
the top of a horizontal or downtrend channel.

I time my buys by looking at the price itself, RSI, and Stochastics.
Looking at price, I often look at intraday charts.  I like the
intraday charts from Lombard, and the 5-minute charts from
http://fast.quote.com/.  The 5-minute charts give you a five day view
of intraday pricing.