CLE Breakout alert

>>Can anybody out there help me.
>>
>>Using Metastock V6:
>>
>>1. What would the formula be to plot a weekly MACD on a daily chart.

>At 18:24 27/07/97 -0400, ClaudB@xxxxxxx wrote:
>You don't have to write a formula for the weekly MACD.
>
>Right click on the date axis (bottom) click on properties
>and compression, and change from daily to weekly.
>
>Claud

Thanks Claud, but not quite that simple

I would like to display a weekly MACD (or any other indicator) on a daily
chart ie. use a weekly indicator to show the long term trend and the daily
data to pick an entry point.

A formula like this would save swapping time frames or duel charts.

Would somehow need to select the weekly close or otherwise every fifth close
as a rough approximation (doesn't allow non trading week days).

Any other ideas ?