Re: backup error message:

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997 17:56:50 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

Mike

I have found the quickest and easiest way to backup Metastock data
files is to Zip them up with Pkzip or whatever.    What I do is to
copy the data files and master files into a seperate directory so that
if anything goes wrong in the process my original files are not
damaged.    Then zip up this directory using Pkzip.   I usually do
this at least once a week, and file away the disks.    I also use the
same process for transfering the data files from one computer to
another.   I have another computer that I use at another location, and
I just load the zipped up files into a directory in that computer, and
unzip them,  with Pkunzip and I'm already for action.    I have done
this process hundreds of times and never had a problem.

Bill