Svenska användare av METASTOCK

I firmly believe that the period of a Moving Average should be
determined by the stock data itself.  You want it long enough to
smooth out unwanted variation, but not so long that it erases the
variation you are interested in.

I watch 26-day and 50-day Moving Averages to verify my trendlines.
I use RSI(9) and STOCH(9,4,4) to make my trades.  If the STOCH(9) is
too slow, I use STOCH(5,3,3).

But I can't prove (even to my own satisfaction) that these are the
best numbers to use.  Theoretically, you should be able to use an FFT
(Fast Fourier Transform) to find the best period.  But I have not had
any luck using that.