new prospects.

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997 08:46:08 -0500, you wrote:

>Unfortunately the brains trust at Equis prefers to make minimum or poor
>changes and patches and call it a new version.  While  Metastock has some
>good pluses, the minuses are beginning to pass the pluses.
>
>The feeling I get is that a number of MS users  will drop Metastock and
>move to something else in the near future.

Hi Lionel & MS sig,

My initial reaction, was that MSW was designed by a CAD programmer,
with no understanding of TA.

Pretty graphics were more important than the substance. I guess this
is the point of sales concept - the initial impact.  The graphics, to
the uninitiated is a great selling point. Appeal to a 'dream'.

I guess marketing, realized that the majority of buyers drop out after
a couple of months or years. The hard core TA users move on to bigger
and better things. So you make money by selling to the masses, not the
TA pro.

My biggest problem, is the TERRIBLE point & figure, and the lack of
parallel line studies in Log mode.  I also hate the tiny windows (this
is a Microsoft flaw).

Thus I still use MS 4.5 for those studies. To me, these (the P%F and
// lines, semi-log) are essential to classical TA.

-= Chris =-