PCQuote RT/Excel/MS6.0

Mike,

Since you have had PCQuote you know they have a $75/mo subscritpion rate. With
this package you get the Excel support. So with the Excel I will chart the
candlesticks on the stock as well as the PSE. I also look at the UP/Down Volume
ratio for NYSE & NASDAQ. If the volume ratio greater than 2 the market is
pretty bullish. IF it is between 1 and 2 the market isn't sure. If it is less
than one, the market is bearish.

We will be plotting tick as well soon.

Ok back to Excel. And this is the important part. The data that comes into
Excel can get lost along the way or may not update automatically in the quote
table. The quote arrays are ok. SO this is what you do. You have a macro update
the link to the PCQuote servers for you every couple of seconds. You can do
this automatically. When/if you get to that point I'll send you the macro if
you want it.

Now I have two other computers that I have networked, peer to peer, with Win95.
So what I will do is have one spreadsheet that brings in the data from PC Quote
via the internet. I then copy that data to another spread sheet and paste the
LINK. (Important.)

Then in this second spread sheet I have the charts. I then close the second
spread sheet and open it up across the network on the other computer. I then
have a macro update the links from the other computer automatically. With a 486
it is pretty close to real time.

So the computer connected to the internet getting quotes acts like a local
server in my LAN. Pushing the data to other computers. I do this on both
computers. So in review. I take one spreadsheet and get may data for the
markets/index in a quote table format. It will link to a second spreadsheet on
the 2nd computer. I will have a third spreadsheet that gets data for securities
in quote table format which will then link to a 4th spreadsheet on the third
computer. Spreadsheets 1&3 get the data from PCQuote. Spreadsheets 2&4 link to
1&3 from the other computers and have charts.

Now to MS 6.0. You can take the Close and OLE it from Excel to MS 6.0. Take the
column down to your last #N/A and copy/past the link to MS6.0 (In an empty
window). If you save it as a smart chart the link will stay for good. In this
case I have MS 6.0 on the same computer as the Excel spreadsheet it is linked
to. SO it doesn't matter if it is on the server or over on one of the peers.
Also when Excel updates the link, MS6.0 updates live.
In addition the #N/As don't show up on the chart in MS6.0. So that is nice.

What you see in MS6.0 is something like this. Think of a blank yard stick with
no numbers on it. That will represent the length of a column that we linked
from Excel to MS6.0. The top of the yard stick will be the beginning of the day
and the end of the yard stick will be at the end of the day. As the data
gradually fills the column then there will be numbers on the yard stick. The
blank yard stick is also like the MS6.0 window where you paste the link. You
will have some data to the left and white space to the right as the data comes
in it fills in the white space on the right up.

As far as linking Open,high low close for a time period from Excel to MS6.0, I
don't know about that.

Also one should be able to DDE accross the network in Excel but we have not
gotten there yet. It is suppose be a bit faster than what we currently have.
I hope this helps.

Harley Meyer
meyer093@xxxxxxxxxx