RE: Weekly Pick

PI,
     I wouldn't call RVR junk <G>.  Granted this is a more speculative stock
then I usually recommend, but if you have been following my recommendations
you would know that I'm intentionally moving my portfolio towards a larger
exposure to small cap stocks.  Also, this is a replacement for a small cap
stock I was stopped out of last week.
     As you said, RVR's earnings have been a little under the estimates the
last two quarters ($0.62 instead of $0.65 in Oct and $-0.69 instead of $-.65
in Jan 97).  Despite that, Zacks has them rated as a Strong Buy with an
estimated 40% earnings growth over the next twelve months.
     I pay more attention to technical analysis then I do fundamental analysis
for my final decisions.  However, I do perform fundamental screens as the
first step in my investment methodology to find candidate stocks.  Over the
years, I've found that Price to Sales Ratio, Debt/Equity, % Insider Ownership,
and Earnings Growth work the best for me.  RVR looks exceptionally good on
Price/Sales, Insider Ownership, and Earnings Growth.  I'd like Debt/Equity to
be a little lower but 2.47 isn't bad for their industry.  RVR's chart speaks
for itself.
     I've been wrong before and will be wrong again, but I am going to open a
position in RVR Monday.  Of course I'll have a mental stop at 4 1/4 in case I
am wrong.  Time will tell.
     If you want another pick, you will have to wait until next week <VBG>.

Jim