RE: Converting traded stocks list to Excel

Ike Murphy wrote  Tue, 1 Jul 1997 10:19:24 -0600

> Rifki,
> I am not sure I understand what I am looking at. What do those numbers
> represent? Is this tick data?
>
> Ike Murphy
> Equis Support

Ike

Well, I guess you could call it Tick data. Only we don't have tickers
or even data providers here. The Sri Lankan stock market, from ehere
the data is, trades only around a 100 stocks each day. All the stocks
traded from the opening bell to the close are published in
chronological order in the daily newspaper the following day. What I
have been doing so far is to manually enter the O,H,L,C and Volume
fro this into Metastock.

Now I need to automate this. What is the simpleast method?

I thought maybe writing Macros in Excel would work. Only I don't know
that much about Macros. Can you help?

Thanks and regards

Rifki