Fwd: Returned mail: User unknown

  • To: mas@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Quotes Plus, MetaStock 6, IRL, Quote.Com, Foreign Stocks
  • From: DanMartinz@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 07:07:54 -0700 (PDT)

Marc,
you seem to be saying you maintain two databases.  One for MetaStock and one
for Quotes-Plus.  Is this true?  I wouldn't want this.  Quotes-Plus only
gives the 3 main US stock exchanges.  There is another company which gives
more.  Quote.Com.  They are at http://www.quote.com/

I have attached their Readme.txt files.  They also have foreign stock prices.
 Someone on this group wanted a cheap foreign provider so here it is.  The
difference between Quotes-Plus and Quote.Com is that QC is ASCII and you
would use Equis Downloader to put into MS database.  You also have to
manually change stock splits, stock dividends, and ticker name changes.  I
suppose after several weeks it becomes routine.

They charge $10 month for basic.  800-498-8068.  They charge more for foreign
prices.  They also have fundamental data for + $25.

Read the attached text files.  I believe they have option prices:  CBOT, CEC,
CME, COMEX, NYMEX, INDEX.  Let me know if this is true.

If you really want fundamentals, then you should get AAII.

Daniel.

<< Subj:	Re: Quotes Plus, MetaStock 6, and Investor's Reference Library