Re: Weekly Pick

  • To: "'Marc Saegesser'" <mas@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Quotes Plus, MetaStock 6, and Investor's Reference Library
  • From: John Sellers <ay286@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 17:36:12 -0700 (PDT)

I have version 6.0 of Metastock and I checked again:
  1. Open the stock with Downloader which has split and needs to be adjusted.
  2. Look at the menu bar which has "File", "Edit", "View", "Tools", "Adjust", "Window" and "Help" and click on "Adjust" and a pull down menu is exposed.
  3. Click now on "split"
  4. Enter the date of the latest record which will be the last record from the first to be adjusted.
  5. Enter the value of the split that is 2 for 1 or whatever the split is.
  6. Click on "OK"
  7. Save your changed file and exit to Metastock to observe the results.

If you have a different version it may have a slightly different way to accomplish this function. In that case may I suggest you request from Equis the exact method of accomplishing a split correction of data.

Good Luck!