Re: Trader Vic

Thanks for the info.

Quattro Pro 7 is also OLE 2 compatible, but OLE (Object
Linking and Exchanging) is not normally used for "numbers",
but rather for objects (such as graphs or "pictures of
numbers", floating objects). DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange)
allows the numbers to actually appear in Quattro Pro's cells,
rather than as a floating object on the screen.

If MetaStock is not DDE compatible it is unlikely that you will
be able to get its numbers directly into Quattro Pro's cells,
though you should still be able to get them to appear as a
floating object in Quattro Pro. But if MetaStock is not DDE
compatible I am not sure how you could get the numbers into
Excel's cells (unless they are appearing in Excel as a floating
object).

--Quattro Pro Support

>>> Metastock List <MetastockList@xxxxxxxxx> 06/27/97
08:17am >>>
Dan and Corel Support,

If Quattro Pro version 7 is only DDE compatible there is your
answer.
MetaStock for Win95/NT 4.0 is OLE II compatible, not DDE.

Equis Support